Gunnella (Guðrún Elín Ólafsdóttir, b. 1956) is an internationally known painter from Iceland.
Gunnella studied at the Icelandic University of Arts and Craft 1974-1976 and 1983-1986. She also attended courses at the Reykjavik art school in 1977 where she studied under the guidance of Hringur Jóhannesson and also with Ásgeir Bjarnþórsson árið 1979.
Gunnella has been featured in both solo and group exhibitions (see below) in Iceland and abroad. Her works have been sold in galleries in Iceland, Norway and the United States. Her work has been selected to participate in exhibitions abroad, such as Winsor and Newton which Prince Charles opened in 2000. The exhibition later travelled to London, Stockholm and the United Nations building in New York.
- 1974-1976, 1983-1986 The Icelandic College of Art and Craft
Group Exhibitions / Samsýningar
- 1982 Hús verslunarinnar, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 1986 Gallerí að Lækjarfit 1, Garðabær, Iceland
- 1987 Kjarvalsstadir Reykjavík
- 1992 Gallerí Borg, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 1995 Gullkistan, Laugarvatn, Selfoss, Iceland
- 1999 Frost and Spitfire / Frost og funi, Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík
- 2000 The United Nations Building New York
- 2000 World Trade Center, Stockholm, Sweden,
- 2000 The Mall Galleries, London, England
- 2000 Margt smátt, Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík.
- 2004 August 21 - Menningarnótt, Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 2006 March 18 - Keflavík Art Show, Keflavík, Iceland
- 2006 August - Menningarnótt, Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 2007 March 1-5 - Fire and Ice, Art Expo, New York, NY, U.S.
- 2008 October, Herhúsið, Siglufjörður
- 2009 June 24, Jónsmessuhátíð, Ströndin, Garðabæ.
- 2009 November 14-29 Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík, Iceland
Solo Exhibitions / Einkasýningar
- 1983 Eden í Hveragerði, Hveragerði, Iceland
- 1995 The Art-House in Laugardalur, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 1996 Humarhúsið, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 1997 Sparisjóður Garðabæjar, Garðabær, Iceland
- 1998 Gallerí Fold, Kringlan, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 2001 Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 2002 Oct 4-22 Landsbankinn, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 2003 March 30-April 16 Gallerí Fold, Reykjavík, Iceland
- 2004 July 23 - August 5, Siglufjörður Exhibition
- 2005 July 9-24, Exhibition at Kirkjuhvoll, Akranes
Large private companies and banks as well as public government institutions.
Magazine and articles
Gunnella has been featured in magazines and newspapers in Iceland and abroad.